Saturday, June 12, 2010

field trip

plan A: go mini-golfing with Justin
plan B: Justin said he would rather go to a driving range
Justin then says he has to go to some activity.
plan C: go mini-golfing with Victoria :)
plan D: include shopping in this plan!!!:)

I have fallen IN LOVE with Plato's closet. It is a consignment store about five minutes up the road from my house in Chantilly,VA. They have super cute brand-name clothes and shoes and purses for GREAT PRICES!!! They also always have shoes in my size, cute shoes all ready broken in buy someone else... awesome..so this week I introduced Victoria to Plato's closet
I bought
a new pair of gold and silver heels
a really cute goldish Banana Republic shirt
a really cute silver shirt that LOOKS like it is from J Crew even though it is not
some super cute plaid shorts
the cool thing is the shirt is extra small and for some reason fit me, the uncool thing is the pants are a size nine and barely do....

Victoria got a pair of super cute heels and a couple of sundresses.

Justin now says he wants to go to Plato's closet.. maybe I should check and see if there is one closer to him.

after our shopping trip, we headed down to Oakton,Va to the rec center where I am taking my current swimming lessons because they have a mini-golf course there. We got there twenty minutes to late to play, BUT I asked if we could play anyway... ???BUT we thought maybe lets just go get some ice cream.

Since we were all ready in Oakton I thought why not just go on to Vienna the next town and go to a custard shop that I heard was really cool and owned, ran and complety staffed by LDS people. We drove into Vienna and the custard shop is in an old part of town we parked the car and went into this packed custard shop.They also said they had FAMOUS funnel fries which is like a funnel cake but fries instead. We ordered some fries and some ice cream. we were both very pleased with the food there. When we were done eating we went for a walk down the street.We passed so many interesting looking stores that I cant even write about them, you may be jealous... we walked around a park that had a train in it and climbed up on the train.

Then we walked down a dark street with a few more shops on it. That street has got to be one of the most interesting streets I have ever been on ...ever...here are some of its features
1. above a dentist office there were guys doing in their apartment doing kareoke..
2. we then passed what at first we thought was a bar, it had a flag up for a sign and it was a black skull with a hot pink background, all the walls were painted bright pink and it had no door like you just open a garage type door and there you go..there were a few tables there and the menu was written with chalk on a fish shaped chalkboard.
3. we passed some people in an art class drawing people dressed as hula dancers
4. we then passed something that may have been a raccoon or maybe a dog and decided to head back

I had not had enough of that street though, I was like I HAVE TO GO BACK IN MY CAR... that place is just to interesting I mean it looks like they have Italian sodas and I just don't get why a bar would have Italian sodas??? so when we concluded our walk we drove back.

when we got back,I saw someone outside the art class he told me that it was a coffee shop that also sold Italian sodas and the art class is run by someone named "Dr. Sketchy" who I am not sure for reals has a doctorate..The guy told us it was an "anti-art" class as in you can talk during it and it is not stuffy..I looked up this whole operation online. Dr. Sketchy has all kinds of art classes and things offered and has italian sodas and coffee for sale... so now I kind of want to go back and have an Italian soda because I LOVE THOSE!

we have FHE in that area sometimes and on the website it is open until 1am every night so maybe some night after FHE we could go get Italian Sodas if anyone is brave enough to go to Dr. Sketchys with me. :)

No comments: