Saturday, June 12, 2010

field trip

last weekend Spike and I drove to Springfield, VA and went to a park called Hidden Meadows. When I drove up to the park, I realized OH MY HECK I have been here before... Danielle, Vanessa and Deondre went there once when the kids were really little and the stroller broke and well it is best not to relive that day.

this park is right off Fairfax County Parkway about 20 minutes from my house. It has two parks, a basketball court, some sort of field that you can play some sort of sport in, a really cool nature center, and the best of ALL a great pond that you can walk around and endless trails that you can take! I would have spent a lot more time exploring this park, but there was a storm brewing and I had CRAMPS :( ( I am just proud I got OUT) so I after walking around the pond and walking a little bit more I went home. While I was there, I saw a family of geese, four deer and two turtles, none seemed scared of me or Spike.

two interesting things
1. we walked out on a little dock and Spike tried to drink some water and fell in because the dock was a bit unstable. It was a bit comical..
2. When I was leaving I saw some people walking down the road and the guy was wearing a kilt and the girl was wearing pink thigh high socks... that was interesting too..

so that is my day at Hidden Meadows Park in Springfield,VA

No comments: