Tuesday, October 5, 2010

field trip


Justin and I took his boat to Pohick Bay Regional Park in Lorton,Va August, 2010.
When we got there, I sat up the tent and air mattress and made our campsite look really good. i can tell that we are beginning campers, so I walked around the campsite and looked at other peoples set ups to see what we could do different and better in the future. I have been buying more flashlights, because it is never fun to be in the dark and the next thing I think I want is one of those shelters, that you put over your picnic table with mosquito netting to keep the bugs and animals away from your food.
Justin got there Friday evening and we went out for a little ride in his boat, his boat was not working well but it was still nice to be out on the water on such a beautiful night.
Sat. I got up and found out over the night most of our food had been stolen... I reported it to the campground and they said that it was squirrels or raccoons... I NEED ONE OF THOSE SHELTERS!!!! seriously... I took a walk over to Gunston Hall and had fun looking around in the gift shop. I walked back and Justin was just getting up.
We ate some then took the boat out again. When we are out on the boat it is like we are in a whole other world... like people talk about things I did not even know existed. We learned from one guy that there is a little beach called "pomonkey" and we found out there is a waterfront restaurant where you can drive the boat right up to it and they will send a water taxi out for you. I WANT TO GO THERE!!!! that is now one of my goals, to eat at a place where you BOAT to it..
the boat was not working well, so we did not have a long ride, we went back to our campsite and got ready and drove down to Occoquan,Va and ate at waterfront dining at a place called Madigans.
We went back and relaxed in front of the campfire and had a nice night.
I am hoping that each and every one of our camping experiences gets better and better as we learn more about the outdoors and things like that.


No comments: