Wednesday, October 27, 2010

field trip

me at the ww2 memorial in DC Sept. 2010

In September on the same day that my friend Ambur and I went to Ben's Chili Bowl in DC we also went to the ww2 memorial. I wanted to visit it at night but I also wanted to visit Ben's and Ambur said it was not a good place to go at night. So we went during the day.
The day we chose to go was Sept 11th and it was PACKED. very nice weather and lots of people. This is a new memorial. Just built in the 2000s. President Bush actually helped them push through a lot of red tape to get it built ASAP. because ww2 vets were dying. It has two sides one about the war with the pacific like japan and the phillipines and another about europe. the atlantic side. Ambur and I had a nice time walking around and even met a ww2 vet and gave him a hug :)

No comments: