Tuesday, October 5, 2010

field trip

I took Bowman and Tenney to the Reston Animal Park/zoo whatever it is called in August 2010.

Score for me they had never been there either. I think that most of the nannies that have had them have gone towards DC and this is west of DC in Fairfax County.

I spent about 50$ taking them there( of their moms money) I never realized how expensive it is to take kids places...WOW.
we paid for
admission
a bucket of feed
bottles of milk
and we got a stuffed snake

I was going to give the snake to Justin and wrap it around his jeep but the girls fell in love with the snake and named it Scarlett so I let them keep it. It now lives on Tenney's bed with two tigers.Every morning she spends WAY to long winding it up in a circle of posing it INSTEAD of getting ready for school so MAYBE it DOES need to go and live at Justin's for a bit..

I understimated the time that it would take for us to get from my moms house in Chantilly to Reston so we missed the hay ride by about 5 minutes... that sucked but the girls had so much fun feeding the sheep and goats the feed. Some of those animas were AGGRESSIVE like they ripped the feed bucket right out of our hands. we went around and saw all the other animals they had ducks,rabbits,parrots geese, monkeys, horses, a porcupine stuff like that. There is more to see on the hayride but we missed it. Bowman had a lot of fun feeding the pot-bellied pigs with a bottle. I think that was the highight of her trip. Tenney really liked feeding the lambs and kids.

we were the last ones out of there, it took us awhile to pick out the right stuffed snake, it is a brown one named Scarlett.

No comments: