Tuesday, October 5, 2010

field trip

I took Bowman and Tenney on a scavenger hunt in Old Town Alexandria in August 2010.

you start at The Christmas shop where you pay 4$ for a map you can either do a scavenger hunt about George Washington or one about John Carlyle, you can also do both for 8$. We did both.

We walked all over Old Town Alexandria in the HOT sun looking for different historic buildings and then reading little signs or facts on them. The girls did very well on it.

We ran into another tourist group four times. There is a TON to see and do in Alexandria, esp. old town... the thing is the girls get new nannys EVERY year... so they have gone to ALMOST if not EVERYTHING...Bowman gets so bored like WE HAVE DONE THAT!!!! WE HAVE BEEN THERE!!! it will be a challenge to me on the days that they are off school to find places they have not been or to make the places they have been different or exciting.

They had not been on the scavenger hunt so that was fun. We also went in a lot of stores also and looked around when we were done.

After the scavenger hunt I brought the girls a prize for completing it and sticking with it. They asked for silly bandz. I thought sure ALL KIDS LOVE THEM... so I bought them each a pack... they have never worn them ever or even used them... and I thought all kids loved silly bandz I guess we learn something new every day.

No comments: