Thursday, October 7, 2010

Field Trip

On labor day my boss asked me to work :( so I made the best of it and took the girls to The National Harbor in MD. it is right across the bridge from here only one exit away off 495.... It was a nice day and the girls had a good time crawling all over The Awakening statue. If you don't know what that statue is, it is a statue of a man coming out of the ground so there is his head, his knee, a arm and a foot. There were a lot of other people there, so it was almost impossible to get the girls pictures alone on the statue.

We walked out on the pier by the boats and looked around. I noticed that they had a boat gas station there. I told Justin so if he ever wants to go over there and get gas he can.

They had a children's museum expo, they are in the process of building a children's museum there so right now, they have free activities every weekend and in the summer every week for the kids to do, lucky for us on the day that we went it was all about bugs, the girls spent a LOT of time making antennae and bug masks for themselves and their dolls and stuffed toys that I let them bring and walk around with.

We ate some fries at Elevation Burger.

We went and looked in some stores, I was not feeling good AT ALL and I am very sad to report that I did NOT get a National Harbor magnet... you know I was sick if I did not get a magnet. I thought it is only an exit away I can still go back and do that one day.

No comments: