Sunday, April 29, 2012

random Keli

I am OK now but there was a little while there where I thought I was seriously going to go CRAZY... !!!!!
          Let me explain why.. the kids I take care of : Leah, age 3, Ian age 23 months and Julian age 17 months were OBSESSED and I mean OVER THE TOP.. OBSESSED with balls..!!!!
   So Julian and I would arrive at Leah and Ian's house and there would be no less than FIVE OR SIX BALLS of all shapes, sizes and colors laying around.. and ALL DAY , NO JOKE ALL DAY.. the kids would bring me those balls and say BALL... ALL DAY LONG.............BALL... ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 You must be thinking and how is this annoying? OK so I am doing something with them, or I am fixing lunch or I am whatever.. and they would bring me a ball and be like BALL... and I would be like "yes red ball" or "yes yellow ball" and then I would throw it or put it down on the ground and then they would PICK IT RIGHT BACK UP.. and say BALL... and give it to me...
.....................I AM NOT EVEN JOKING.........................
BALL........................................................ALL..............DAY .....................LONG~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BALL..................................
and Leah is three I would say "Leah you are three, you need to tell me something about the ball.." like look at this ball.." but no.. she would just say "ball" because that is what Ian and Julian would say....................
BALL...........................ALL ...............DAY ................LONG..............
BALL ...BALL...BALL...
and when I would read books then the kids would point to any spherical object and say
wait for it.....................BALL...............BALL...BALL...
sometimes this would be accompanied by one of them getting off the couch and going to get a ball and handing it to me and saying "ball"
over and over and OVER again BALL... ALL DAY LONG...
Then one day.. I came to work and it there were an ADDITIONAL two balls, big yellow balls one with red polka dots, one with red stripes..
Leah kept deciding that whichever one was closer to her was her ball.. the other one belonged to Ian...
That day I took them on a field trip somewhere.. Leah said " WE NEED TO BRING OUR BALLS!!!! :)" I said " no, they can't fit in the car".......biggest lie ever.. because I drive an SUV..
another day we went to the park.. I let them bring those balls so there they are walking across the street with these balls that were almost bigger than them saying BALL, BALL, BALL...
I thought to myself I SHOULD have written on those balls LEAH and IAN.. I like to do that with their toys that are similar so then if Leah is like " THAT IS MINE" ...like oh for real.. well.. is your name on it..
so  we get to the park and they are kicking and throwing and pushing those balls all over the park and saying ball..
When I look up and one of the balls all of a sudden is small.. I have NO IDEA what happened.. It is like I looked down for a second and that ball somehow got punctured or IDK even KNOW.. it was just small...
Leah declared that that ball "must be Ian's"
I SHOULD HAVE WROTE THEIR NAMES ON THOSE BALLS I AM TELLING YOU!!!! now I will never know, who's ball it really was/is..
all the way back to their house Leah was like "that is Ian's ball" and Ian was crying and saying "ball" of COURSE..
when we got back to the house it was nap time...
Part of me REALLY wanted to just open up the front of back door at the point I don't really care which one and KICK THOSE BALLS AS FAR AS I COULD.. and those are those big, cheap plastic ones that even I could kick pretty far..
When the parents came home and asked where the balls were I would be like um....................? yeah I am not sure... (hopefully as far from here as possible)
..............but I did not do that.. thought and considered it but did not do it..
The next day when I got to work.. I was walking in and I thought here we go again..
BALL.. I walked in and their were NO BALLS.. NONE..
with no balls that means that there were no balls to bring to me and say BALL..
I did not say anything I did not want to press my good fortune...
a few weeks later I was telling Leah and Ian's mom about another kid I baby-sit and how he is obsessed with their neighbor.. and I said kind of like how your kids and Julian were way into balls.. remember that a couple of weeks ago ..and their were balls laying around everywhere..
She was like ...you don't see any around now do you? I said no...then she said
Because wasnt that getting annoying when they were coming up saying BALL all the time...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omgosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to take this opportunity to thank my friend Beth Summers for listening to me complain about my day no matter how non-sensical or inconsequential it may seem.. I called her and I was practically screaming this conversation one day.. like AND THEY KEEP SAYING BALL!!!! ALL DAY LONG.. and she listened to me and still loves me.. and
well I am SO GLAD SHE IS MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: