Sunday, April 13, 2014

Keli celebrates Halloween part 4 October 2013

On Halloween day I thought I would dress up like a cloud. then I could not find any batting ( I thought I had some) or my white clothes. So I did a last minute plot twist and dressed up like a spider web.. ! 
 here I am with Xander in the background, I went to Hallmark and got the spider in my web that lights up on clearance there are actually two stuck to me and the one in my hand is motion activated and says a few things.

 While it was still light outside I took the boys walking around down in Old Town Alexandria because I called the visitors center and they said that they had trick or treating down in Old Town ..which is odd because I had seen a sign up that they had had it Saturday, but whatever...

On the way there we walked by this house right by where the boys play at the park and this lady had decorated so much I don't even know where she keeps all this stuff on the off season.. like does she rent a storage unit. ? have a whole extra room? 
she then invites the whole community to come and participate. 
 Xander and Seban dressed as Superman and Batman. 

 this lady sets up all of this and then has a fire pit in the middle. 

 tons of favors and other stuff for people.

 a Michael Jackson skeleton that she had! 
 a whole skeleton family.

 table full of food that she will serve to the community.
 more stuff..


that lady told me that I could take pictures but not eat or take anything because she needed to wait until it got dark..she also had strobe lights and a fog machine going. 

We took the King Street Trolley down to Old Town and people started stopping the boys on the street and giving them candy and gift certificates. People were remarking how cute they were and how there were two of them and twins are so cute. 

 We went in the visitors center and the people that were working in there were dressed in the same costumes as Xander and Seban.. it was crazy when we walked in there! Xander and Seban were too shy to get in this picture. We enjoyed some hot apple cidar and some yummy cookies there. 
 We realized they were not really having trick or treating down there. So the visitors center just told us to go in places that were decorated and ask for candy. So we did. It was really fun to be down there and see all the places that were decorated. I also found out that they block a whole street off down there and have a major trick or treating thing every year so that is cool. 

After we walked around a bit I took the boys back home.

I then left and went home and passed out candy on my porch. It was raining and after the trick or treaters started tapering off I looked at my phone and realized that I still had time to make it to my hip-hop dance class that I was taking.

so I just drove down to Falls Church and had a lot of fun being a dancing spiderweb that night. 

I have to say Halloween 2013 was a great day! :) 








No comments: