Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Keli Travels Nashville part 2 April 2015

I did so many fun things in Nashville! I toured The Grand Ole Opry. I learned lots of fun facts like here is their post office where you can write fan mail to their members.

I took pictures of some of the members names. My mom loves Randy Travis and Vince Gill and I love Alan Jackson and Reba. .. OK my mom likes Reba too.

Someone from Hee Haw painted this, he said it is what the Opry looks like when he closes his eyes.



BACKSTAGE! super cool right ?

While the tour guide was talking I took this fun picture.

THE GRAND OLE OPRY

MAY THE CIRCLE BE UNBROKEN! See that circle.. that is where EVERYONE that has ever performed on the Opry has stood.

ME

Me and Melinda


Me out by a guitar at The Grand Ole Opry.

Another guitar

BAM .. both guitars

outside
So Melinda and I were able to get on the LAST tour of the day at The Grand Ole Opry. 

I would love to work at a museum or tourist attraction one day and thought.. this job can not be outsourced.. it can.. we walked in and had a video where Blake Shelton welcomed us to the opry and told us all about it. 

Our tour guide then took us around and showed us dressing rooms and back stage and told us lots of interesting stories..

like did you know there was a flood in Nashville in 2010 and the water was about four or five feet deep at the Grand Ole Opry.. I thought OMGOSH.. the clean up must have been horrendous and it must have taken them forever to get to THIS...

no, I was wrong.. country music singers donated SO MUCH money " because the opry is so important to country music" They were able to be back up in a matter of a few months. " They had people working round the clock" 

While they were working on it they had to be at other venues.. THANK GOODNESS Country music singers stepped  up and gave SO MUCH MONEY..

Another tour guide was telling me how much people gave.. He was going up and up and up .. like Taylor Swift gave over 1 million..GARTH AND TRISHA GAVE 8 MILLION DOLLARS ...that tour guide ( he was on a totally different tour) said that he had no idea that why Garth was going to go back to work because when he retired he said that he had more money than even his great-grandkids could use... he said " what is Garth gonna do with the money he makes in the future? wait for another flood?"

seriously....

also they were able to salvage that circle of floor...which is not that shocking.. since they had SO MUCH MONEY... 

THAT ALL BEING SAID... I really liked the tour..and I wish we had seen a show...now I have a reason to go back to Nashville..

I must see a show at The Grand Ole Opry! THANK YOU COUNTRY MUSIC AND ALL YOUR $ for restoring that building...

oh and if any country people read this ... and you are not a member of the Opry.. you need to rectify that Blake Shelton and Brad Paisley think everyone needs to be!

No comments: