Saturday, May 9, 2015

Keli travels Nashville part 4 April 2015

OK I am going to admit.. Willie Nelson has not " Always Been on My Mind" but when I saw that he had a vanity museum and it was only SIX dollars and I had to do something while Laura and Eric were doing yard work and Melinda was at her conference. I knew I had to go to it.
Willie has got himself a wall of records.. like one does..


He also has a wall of awards..I am not even sure if you can have a vanity museum if you do not have a wall of records AND a separate wall of awards.
Like a band of gypsies I go down the highway.
This older gentleman said he would take my picture.. I said well.. I would actually like my picture on this furniture..behind the rope...he said " go ahead" there is nobody but me, you and my wife in here, I wont tell"
This is me.. sitting on the furniture that was seized from Willie Nelson when he had all those problems with the IRS..
THEY HAD THESE WILLIE NELSON BRAIDS! I would have totally bought them.. if they were not $12!



I saw this and knew I just had to get this for someone :)
 As you can see, I really enjoyed my time I had a lot of time, so I basically read everything in there.
I learned that Willie Nelson got his start as a song writer. He wrote a lot of his songs at a place called Tootsie's Orchid Lounge. I was going to eat there, but I did not have time to do everything I wanted to do. I guess I will have to go back. 

I also realized that I had not heard of MOST of Willie Nelson's friends.. featured in the Willie Nelson and friends museum. So I am now listening to them. 

fun times!




No comments: