Friday, May 15, 2015

Keli Travels Nashville part 6 April 2015

Day 2 in Nashville found me trying another "iconic Nashville food"  MEAT AND THREE.. I  had to go to this place. Arnold's. Guy has been there and it has not only been on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives It has won tons of awards and is locally renowned 
My friends Eric and Laura were nice enough to go there even though it was WAY OUT OF THE WAY!
You go in and order your food. The chalkboard tells you what they have each day of the week.
These are some of their pies. I got the chocolate one and it was spicy, but perfect. It had this hot after taste and was very good.
Here is SOME of the food that we got. I say some because I told the owner I was in town from Virginia and had seen him on the Food Network so he brought us over TONS more stuff to try. We were able to try one of each of the meats they had that day. IT WAS ALL GOOD.

Like I said, Guy has been there.

a picture of Laura and I with the owner. Laura said that she thinks that he had a crush on me, because he kept coming by the table calling me Miss Virginia and giving us more food.


Oh and just like at Prince's they had one of these hanging up. I wonder what these dudes say.. like.. Hey can we hang up this FRAMED picture of us.. in case any of your customers frequent going to jail and might want to call us.. and it is called " free at last" like um "at last" if I go to jail, I am calling the bail bondsman REAL SOON.. 
While looking up places to go in Nashville, I learned about " meat and three's " at first I thought it was THREE MEATS that you pick to eat and I thought um ... NO... I am NOT EATING THREE MEATS piled on top of each other.. that is just GROSS and too  much meat. What it really is is meat and three sides. I got the beef tips and grits but ended up trying all the meats they had that day...( not piled on tops of each other though) and we tried every vegetable they had there too.. thanks to the owner!

 I am so grateful to my friends Eric and Laura for picking me up in a big truck from The Dukes of Hazzard Museum and taking me to Arnold's meat and three.  We had a great time eating and talking there. The food was delicious!!! 


No comments: