Friday, May 8, 2015

Keli Travels Nashville part 3 April 2015

Melinda and I checked into our hotel and called the Johnny Cash Museum. They said "as long as we were there before they closed they were not going to kick us out.." " That we could stay as long as we wanted" ..They were going to close in about 45 minutes and we were about 20 minutes away so we left right then..


I thought it must SUCK to work there.. like what time do you get off... like no idea.. whenever the tourists leave.. but then when we got there we found out why they told us we could stay as long as wanted. A private group had rented out a room and JOHN CARTER CASH was there performing.  So they were going to be there anyway. Melinda and I of course were not in the private group, but the staff let us peak through the door. We were able to see him and Melinda recorded him singing " May The Circle Be Unbroken" that was so cool!

I had so much fun listening to Johnny Cash museum from all the different decades and taking selfies. I was trying to take one to send to my friend.. like LOOK I am at the Johnny Cash museum listening to him in all the different decades! but I could not get the selfie quite right and some old lady kept saying " excuse me, sorry I am in your way" ... and I kept saying.. " no your cool" until finally she said... " wait are you taking selfies" ....well...yeah..
Johnny Cash recorded in so many decades that he was on everything from the record to the Mp3 and everything in between. I shared this and well most of these pictures on Instagram and the Johnny Cash museum reposted it and thanked me for coming! So far it has 160 likes! So I basically feel like a celebrity.
Here are some stage outfits that Johnny, Mother Maybelle and The Carter sisters wore. It said June had the fancy outfit. I am not sure how I feel about that.. like LOOK AT ME I AM MARRIED TO JOHNNY CASH.. I get a fancy outfit...but then again.. I mean she was married to Johnny Cash... so yeah not sure how I feel about that.
This is a wall of Johnny Cash's records.. it is also the first of many walls of records I saw while on vacation.
Johnny Cash wall of record COVERS.
Johnny Cash's wall of record covers from the other direction.
These are so cool! I do not know which one is my favorite the " Aloe I'm Johnny Splash" or " I walk the lime"
Melinda and I had a great time visiting the Johnny Cash museum. It was $25 to park!??! That is more expensive than Georgetown in DC! BUT visiting the museum was not the only think that we did down there that night so I GUESS that was OK, I guess..the museum was $16. They did a really good job though with everything in the museum. We were there a long time and we both are glad that we went!
Oh and I want this..but I did not want to pay $25 for it. So I just took a picture of it so I can make it.









No comments: