Monday, November 24, 2008

field trip











I had an event filled day this Saturday. I got up and met my friend Josh Chertkow and his fiance Jessica Roberts. We drove up to Preston,Idaho. I wanted to take their pictures by the Oneida Building BUT it was all fenced off. (note to self, must check out places before I go with someone to take pictures!) There is a cool park right by there and I got some cute pictures of them by a gazebo. We then moved on to the Oneida Narrows. I got some AWESOME PICTURES OF THEM UP THERE!!!! I am so happy we went up there. It seems like every couple in Northern Cache Valley goes to Mack Park in Smithfield and that is PLAYED OUT IMO!!!!!!!!! There are SO MANY PRETTY PLACES around here, yet some people imagination only goes as far as Mack Park.... I don't get it. Someone in my ward even asked why I didn't go there???? wow ANYWAY....





So after I took these beautiful pictures. I went to craft class at my friend Danielle's. This month for my ladder it says "HAVE" then there is a Santa with a mop beard and the board on the bottom says " your self a merry little Christmas" It is so cute! after craft class




I went with my friend Kate to SALT LAKE CITY!!!!!! We went to see the Body Worlds Exhibit http://www.theleonardo.org/bodyworlds/ there is a web site for you to check out regarding it. This exhibit was very awe-inspiring if you view it the right way. It was so scary to see the smokers lung. It looked like ASPHALT! it was just so ...wow! It was neat to see what the things look like inside of you, kind of freaky knowing they are REAL.They had what little babies look like inside you even when you are just barely pregnant. That was hard for me to see, knowing that some woman out there LOST her baby. I mean that was someone's hopes and dreams and LITTLE BABY :( that must have been huge to donate their little babies to science. The full bodies were well full bodies. it is wierd for me to think THEY WERE ALIVE LIKE ME!!!! I wonder if the people were as atheletic as they portrayed them? At the end, their was a gift shop, I got a magnet from The Leo ( the museum's name) and one from the exhibit, which was priced WAY TO HIGH!!!!!! It was 6.99 for just a simple magnet. I said " are you kidding me?" "this is more than you pay for really cool magnets at The Smithsonian"...... I did buy it though.. I mean I have a collection to uphold. I also bought some postcards for my boss and some other people that I have not decieded who to send them too. You could also write a body secret on a piece of paper and they would tape it on the wall I wrote " I WILL TREAT MY BODY AS A SACRED TEMPLE"
They had a board like that on am episode of Cold Case where someone writes they killed someone then later they solve the case and the mom puts on the board my daughter is that hero.... this is a shameless plug for COLD CASE :)
After the exhibit we went to a restaraunt called One World Cafe. The idea they have is great, they want to feed everyone food and you pay whatever you think it is worth. So we go in and they have self-serve water, coffee and tea. you could also pour yourself a glass of milk. We then got some squash soup which consisted of hot yellow water. This soup had no taste to me. The lady that ran it, put EVERYTHING on my plate that they had to offer so I had some green salad, some fruit salad, some pasta roni, some curry, an omelat and some other stuff IDK what it was. Some of the stuff was good... some was aiight. some was just bland. The restaraunt is split into little rooms with tables, all different sorts of tables and chairs. We picked out a table and ate our food. We each paid five dollors for our meal. We put it in a little pink envelope and dropped it in a treasure chest. Here is the link http://www.oneworldeverybodyeats.com/ and Kate thinks the dishwasher is hot too...

We left there and drove onto Layton to go to TARGET!!!! I bought David Cook's CD cause I had been thinking about him ALL DAY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP5fBx8JLoQ I also got some darling shoes, some knee socks to wear with boots, and some yummy snacks. I wish Target would come to Cache Valley.It is just wierd to think that you are exotic cause you go to Target. "like check out my cute shoes I GOT THEM AT TARGET!!!!!" like ooooh Target wow you must have went to LAYTON .... wow!" hahahah

We got some frozen custard at a place called Nielsons.
Then we picked up Kathy in Bountiful and headed back here ;)
........ and after my adventerous day I was once again HAPPY TO BE BACK IN LEWISTON UTAH :)

4 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, that museum exhibits sounds really freaky, but really cool all at the same time.

Unknown said...

that is exactley how I would sum it up :)

Kate said...

Good times in the SLC!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to go again!:) this time I will tell you YES you have to buy the earrings NOW:)