Wednesday, November 5, 2008

crafts











This sat. we had our SUPER SATURDAY! There was some discrepensy of whether we were going to actually have Supe Saturday BUT the Richmond,Utah Stake came through and we got to have one!!!!!! ( some of my friends wards would not let them have it) I would have FREAKED if we did not have it. I love every fall seeing that table set up and picking all the fun crafts to do.

This year my friend's Jake and Paul's girlfriends came with me and assited me with making my crafts. Here is what I made this year

1. a really cool fabric headband- here is a link to the blog of the lady that did the headbands with us :) http://georganahall.typepad.com/ She had plastic headbands and you covered them with fabric. I got some fabric at Hobby Lobby in Logan just in case she did not have cute fabric. She did have REALLY cute fabric, I am still glad I bought my own though. It took me forever to sew my fabric together for my head band. I really need to work on my sewing skills.... hopefully that is something I will accomplish this year. After sewing you hot glued the fabric to the headband.Mine came out SO CUTE! I wore mine to church on Sun. and work on Mon.
2. a tall wooden snowman- so glad I made him, since now I have a scarecrow to sit out there in Sept and Nov, a cat for Oct. and a now a SNOWMAN for Dec. and Jan and hey maybe in Feb! he is going to be standing out there for awhile. At least I hope he will be he is a bit unsteady. I might have to get something to attach him to my porch post. Stephanie (Paul's GF) and Marquie ( Jakes's gf) helped me paint him.
3. a REALLY cute Thanksgiving set, a little wooden set of pilgrims and indians it is so cute, sitting on my shelf
4. a really, really cute Nativity that is sitting on my window sill and needs to get put away....until the day after Thanksgiving
So another Super Saturday has come and gone.
I got home and Paul and his roommates were busy taking wall paper down in my house. They got as much wallpaper as they could down before they had to leave
They also blessed my house so now I am all good that way.....
AND THEY BROKE MY TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they did not tell me this until they were about to leave. Jake said oh yeah we broke your tv they were moving my entertainment center and the TV fell out and they just could not catch it and well it fell and made a sound and now I have a dead TV they said they are looking for one. I don't know if they really are. But well on Sunday night I was REALLY lonely without my best friends the Amazing Race and Cold Case.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yikes, I'm sorry to hear about your TV - that's awful. But I'm glad you had a good super Saturday!

Unknown said...

yes.... I am very sorry esp. when Cold Case is on...