Monday, May 2, 2011

craft

I made this "book page wreath" in Feb. 2011. here is what I did,
I bought a wreath form at Michaels. Then I went to the thrift store in Chantilly and got a couple of books that I was not to embarrased to buy... some of those books were so stupid I would not mind ripping them up BUT I didn't want to buy them hahhaha. I then drove to Elaines and spent HOURS ripping out three pages at a time then drawing spirals on the pages then cutting out the spirals on the pages...then wrapping the spirals into rosebuds...THEN glueing it onto the wreath form.. I had so many burns after awhile Elaine's roommate Amy helped me and I was SO GLAD... I ran out of books but still was not done..I went home and the next day demolished several of my moms romance novels that no one should read EVER..and finally I felt like my wreath was done..then I hung it up.. and saw some bare spaces ... so IDK I guess it still needs some work the ribbon needs to be cuter and maybe some spray paint where it is bare...I will get around to that SOMEDAY...!

No comments: