Sunday, May 15, 2011

Field Trip

Georgetown Cupcake day!!! March 2011.



This is the line we stood in one hour and a HALF..

the bag from Georgetown Cupcake, DC

the box from Georgetown Cupcake

chocolate PB something?

Salted Caramel cupcake
In March 2011 I was able to persuade my friend Ambur to go to Georgetown Cupcake with me in Washington D.C. cupcakes are ALL the craze around here..it seems like almost every shopping center you pass has a cupcake place. Georgetown cupcakes though has it's own reality show DC cupcakes and therefore has a line a mile long.. I remember once driving by it with Justin on his motorcycle it was cold and drizzling rain. there was a long line that night. I said what is that?? He said Georgetown Cupcake there is always a line..it is famous.. I knew then ... I MUST GO BACK!!!! The day Ambur and I went it was great weather, we found a parking spot on the street and paid to park.
Ambur went to save us a space in line while I took pictures. 
While we were in line...some people left.. and at one point a lady came by that worked there and gave us a menu.
When we finally got inside they hurried us through ..they were very efficient... I got a chocolate PB flavored one..and a salted caramel one.. they were put in the super cute pink box above ..there was no where for us to sit and we had stood in line for so long that we needed to go and feed our meter.. so we put our cupcakes in the car and headed out to ANOTHER cupcake place..which I will write about soon. While you are waiting for me to do that... check out their website http://www.georgetowncupcake.com/

1 comment:

Erin said...

I've heard they are fantastic, but there's no way I could keep the kids happy that long. Time and a season, I guess.