Saturday, May 21, 2011

St.Patricks Day 2011 part one

I bought this at a thrift store in Chantilly,VA brand name: Pampered Chef..it was VERY CHEAP..!

So Elaine and I dyed a cake mix green and made these for a St.Patricks Day dance we went to.

here is a close-up of a rose shaped one

here is a close-up of whatever shape this is.

I was at the thrift store in Chantilly,VA when I saw the cool thing that you see above it was only about 1$ and I knew I needed to buy it.
for these reasons
1. the brand name is Pampered Chef I know that they have good quality stuff..and if their stuff at the thrift store for cheap, I snatch it up.
2. how can I pass up something that cute for only a $
The answer is ... I can't... So I bought it..it is is made out of that plastic stuff that you can put in the oven that was super trendy a few years ago.
Elaine and I had decided to go an "over 30s" dance in MD and we needed to bring something festive. Elaine made some AMAZING huge cupcakes. She also helped me make these since it was close to St. Patricks Day we dyed a cake mix green and then just baked it in the oven..we greased it really good and they did not really have any problems coming out of the mold at all.
We then put some powdered sugar on them and put them in cupcake wrappers to make them look cute.
so to re-cap:when you are at thrift stores look for brand names..Pampered Chef has great quality stuff.
to make these we just dyed a cake mix green, you can dye it whatever holiday or color you want to theme it around.
That is about all..I will admit the clean up was NOT the easiest it took awhile to dig all of that extra cake out of the crevices..but totally worth it for the effect of these cute cakes :)

No comments: