Thursday, May 19, 2011

Story

I only have weird talents...it is true...one of them is to be able to go into thrift stores and find super cute stuff for myself and for my friends. Another is to find homes for things that need homes and I mean THINGS not things that are alive...just things...when I lived in Utah most of the things I got rid of went straight to my friend Doddie or my friend Shelli... I also bought copious amounts of cute baby clothes for several of my friends .. I just like doing this stuff ..I guess I have weird hobbies too?
So I was at my friend Clay's house a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that he had a bike sitting in his entryway. I asked him about it and he said that he needed to get rid of that. I said that I would do that for him since I have an SUV and well he doesn't ...He said well nobody will want it.. I said oh no I guarantee SOMEBODY will want it..or I will drop it off at a thrift store or throw it in a dumpster...So I took the bike he gave me the pedals and said that they needed to be screwed back on and that the brakes needed to be fixed..I took the bike to work with me the next day.
Zorig and Buuvei live in a neighborhood where there are always people walking down the street.
I asked some Mexican guy if he wanted it and he said yes .. I said well come and get it then... then I realized he did not speak English...So I loaded the boys up to take them to pre-school and I said When we get home we will make a sign for that bike that says "free bike" and then we will ask all the guys that walk by if they want it. Zorig said well girls like green too! ( the bike was green) I said I understand that but the bike is for boys .. so all the way to pre-school they were shouting out the window DO YOU WANT A FREE BIKE!!!?? to anyone and everyone walking down the street...which in Buuvei's case came out sounding something like heyyawannafeebiiiiiiiike!!!?? I kept saying NO NOT RIGHT NOW!!!  the bike is not with us..when we get home! ..after nap...
So I posted on my FB that I was getting rid of the bike..then my friend Cherie called and I told her the story..she said I WANT THAT BIKE!! she said she knew how to fix the brakes and screw the pedals back on ..So I took it to her and gave it to her at FHE that night..easy peasy. I took that bike from Clay's at like 10:30 pm...got rid of it by 9AM
no one should ever underestimate my ability to "redistribute" things! :) IT IS ONE OF MY WEIRD TALENTS!!!
on a side note...Zorig was a bit put out that I gave the bike away while he was at pre-school so he made Cherie a card that said To: Cherie From: Zorig- free bike.. he took Clay and I right out of that equation.!:)

No comments: