Wednesday, February 15, 2012

missionary Keli


 When I came home from my mission.. I was like " I NEED TO TELL EVERYONE ABOUT MY MISSION .. like RIGHT NOW!!!!"...but I came home to UTAH not VA..  nobody knew me in Utah..and I went to California..  you can drive to California from Utah in less than a day.. and I spoke English.. therefore.. yeah not too exciting.. it was hard for me to transition from being SISTER WRIGHT..  who everyone knew.. and thought was "cool" to Keli.. who no one in Utah KNEW.. and at some points I felt like no one cared about.. like um didn't anyone WANT to hear ENDLESS stories about my mission and everyone that I taught and people I met..
...........no they did not... and I felt like everyone knew everyone.. and it was not like VA where people invited everyone.. cause we were "all LDS" so lets just invite everyone..  no... people only invited me if I was FRIENDS with them.. and it was hard to make friends when I first came home..
I planned a little trip to visit Salt Lake, and my roommate Faye drove and I insisted on painting this on her car.. Why ? IDK I guess I thought that it looked cool..and I wanted everyone to know WE ARE LDS!!!! check us out..instead people gave us the middle finger .... yeah...
I would NEVER paint something like this on my blazer now.. or let someone.. I feel like I can just let people know that I am LDS by telling them.. or my example...and I focus more on the aspect of Jesus Christ and his atonement now. I am grateful to Joseph Smith for restoring the gospel...and I do know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet
I am grateful that my roommate Faye was so nice to me.. and I am grateful the other girl in the picture Karena was such a good friend to me.
I am also grateful I do not wear those nerdy heavy sandals anymore.. or super baggy jeans...

No comments: