Tuesday, February 14, 2012

field trip

While in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago, Kevin and I were looking for a fun local eatery to eat at .. we did not find one.. instead we found.. a Potbelly...Potbelly is a chain sandwich shop that is in about 13 or so states.. BUT this was not just ANY Potbelly this was the FIRST Potbelly.. neither Kevin nor myself had been to Potbelly so .. SOLD..here is their website so if you don't live near one.. you can check it out http://www.potbelly.com/home/ who knew that we not only find a great place to eat but also a "tourist attraction" Kevin and I got REALLY yummy sandwiches.. so yummy in fact that I have been back to Potbelly a couple times since then.. and if you know me I don't frequent that many restaurants..Julian and I went to one on Capitol Hill one day.. and another somewhere else in DC.. The Potbelly in Chicago that we went to sold big pickles.. unfortunately not all of them do.. it was kinda funny having Kevin order that.. I was like " and I want a big pickle" and Kevin was like "what" and I am like " a big pickle" it was HUGE they had to cut it in several pieces.. and yummy I LOVE, LOVE LOVE BIG PICKLES!!!

Kevin and I sat in this loft area and were eating our sandwiches when a man on a power trip that worked there came and told us that we needed to not be in that area.. because that area was reserved for "band" or " musicians" or something like that.. I said "well he plays the drums" indicating Kevin.. that man that worked there did not think I was funny...He must have absolutely no sense of humor...

so we moved downstairs to a table with writing and carvings all over it and I carved our names on the table and we read out of Harry Potter.. we were reading Harry Potter 1.. and I hit my head on the low ceiling I got so into reading..and acting out the story.. in the Potbelly.. cause I am THAT cool..

so yeah if you live near a Potbelly.. go.. I love the sandwiches and the big pickles.!

No comments: