Thursday, February 9, 2012

field trip

While I was in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago, Kevin and I stopped by a 7-11 to go to the bathroom and they said it was downstairs..what proceeded after that was one of the strangest places I have ever gone to the bathroom.. ever.. so we are in a REGULAR 7-11 in what seemed like a nice part of town.. but when I opened the door there were these stone steps..and a pair of flip-flops just flung on them.. almost as if someone had fell down the stairs and they had fell off.. I was like what the...??? so I go back to the girl behind the counter and I was like the bathroom is down .. there... and she was like yes...

I made Kevin go with me.. I was like um this just has a dungeon like feel.. so I go down and the bathroom was fine and normal...but omgosh there was no JOKE a whole dungeon/cave type thing under this 7-11.. I am not lying !... it was all stone walls with chunks missing out of them and there was a HOLE in one where you could look into this other room and all that was in there was a fan.. and there were all these exposed pipes..and um yeah... it looked like where King Uther locks people up on Merlin.. I mean all they needed was a cell door and some straw on the floor for the look to be complete.. and who knows maybe they DID have that stuff down there..it was just SO SURREAL.. like what the?? It reminded me of the bottom floor of Smithfield Implement in Smithfield, Utah .. and that was some crazy stuff down there.. there were tunnels there that led to OTHER BUILDINGS IN SMITHEFIELD.. like the thrift store I volunteered at...

I bet there are tunnels under that 7-11 too. I don't mean to sound all conspiracy theory but WHAT WAS THAT... I mean was it built on an old house or old bunker..

all I know is if a natural disaster hits the Lincoln Park area of Chicago the people of THAT 7-11.. yeah they are all good...

when we went back upstairs.. I said to the girls that work there WHAT IS GOING ON DOWN THERE???????? they said they try and not go down there... I said I don't blame you.. I would be like hmmm I get off in what two hours.. I will hold it...

I said "what about the hole down there in the wall and that one empty room" they said what? we don't know about that? I said come with me I will show it to you.. I was just down there.. they said oh no thank you...

they were both black.. I told Kevin later.. they probably thought we were some crazy white people and there is NO WAY I would EVER go down there with someone I did not know.. I didn't want to go down there with someone I DID KNOW...

I also asked them about the flip-flops and I guess one of them was pregnant and she had kicked them off...

for the rest of the day.. Kevin and I made up scenarios that we could have said to those ladies working there.. like "what about that old man chained to the wall"

or yeah.."what about that homeless man living down there".. I think I MIGHT have said that one to them.. but I can't remember everything.. just most things..

we made up probably 10 scenarios of things that could go on down there ..and they got crazier and sillier and funnier.. until something else .. crazy and silly and funny happened to us....

No comments: