Tuesday, February 21, 2012

random Keli

I HATE lessons at church about pride and riches.. because then it somehow always gets onto the subject that " we should not be rich" and " we don't need the best of everything"
who are these fools that say this stuff.. have the LOOKED AROUND..we have some VERY WEALTHY LDS MEMBERS.. in fact ONE IS EVEN RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.. and one has written several books about vampires/werewolves.. and the humans that love them..
and my current ward has a lot of people that make a considerable amount of $$.
This is how I feel about it..
if you are
1. paying your tithing

2. you earn your money honestly.. like you can feel good about what you do for a living
3. your bills are paid..
THEN GUESS WHAT I THINK THAT HEAVENLY FATHER IS OK WITH YOU HAVING
1. a big house
2. a nice car
3. vacations
4. a nice wardrobe
5. fun hobbies
etc...
if you are using your $$ to bless your life and to bless others and you are a good person and doing what you can to not be a prideful jerk.. then HEY WHY NOT HAVE A NICE CAR/HOUSE/WARDROBE and go on vacation..
Heavenly Father LOVES us.. LOVES US.. we are his children and he wants the BEST for his children.. he wants them to be happy in this life and to treat ourselves and others with kindness and respect..
so I think if you are reading this and you think you need to make a comment the next time that someone has this lesson.. like that " we don't need to be prideful and live in big houses" or some other junk.. then just STOP.. and analyze yourself..
if you had the money that Mitt or Stephenie has would you be living in a SHACK..?? driving a JUNKER.. wearing clothes from WAL-MART.. never going anywhere except the dollar movies...
no you would not.. cause I know I wont be.. 
when my book is published and I will continue to pay my tithing ( like I do now)
buy a nice house that fits me and will make me happy.. I would LOVE a big house so I could invite people over and rent out rooms if I wanted too..
buy a nice vehicle.. or two..
and a pinteresting wardrobe...
and anyone that says they would not do those things ( or something that fits their personality).. well I question your credibility... 

No comments: