Tuesday, February 7, 2012

random Keli

Th married women in my ward are OBSESSED with the grocery store "Wegmans" you always here them say things like
" I got to make a Wegmans run" or " you can get that at Wegmans" or "they have that at Wegmans or "the other day when I was at Wegmans"
...so I was on my way home from Alexandria and I thought I would stop by Wegmans. I went in and it was so crowded..like "metro at rush hour crowded" I had one of those little baskets and I could barely move around the store with it.. I had to lift it up over my head to even get by and even then I was bumping into people..
this is crazy... no wonder Bloom is going out of business if this is the kind of stuff they have to compete with..
I went and got the things that I wanted to get and went to the register, the lady asked me if had a Wegmans card.. I said "no" she asked me if I had "ever had one" I said no..I said I wanted to write out a check and she said that I HAD to have  a Wegmans card for that and now I HAD to be rung up at the customer service desk. I said "OK"
a young guy that is a manager came over and led me over to the customer service desk. He asked me if I had ever had a Wegmans card.. I said "no" He then said "never? " I said no never..so I get up there and they asked to see my drivers license...and then they ran it through some machine.. I am serious..
...............for a grocery store card they ran my DRIVERS LICENSE through a MACHINE.. like for real????? you all do know this is JUST A GROCERY STORE.. where people get discounts right?????????????? so while she is running my card through she asks me have I ever had a Wegmans card.. I said "no" she said " so are you sure? " I said " yes I am sure" ... then another worker came over and was like "she says she has not had a card before..?" and she was like "that is what she says" ...........
wow.. that is what I say... THIS IS  A FREE GROCERY STORE DISCOUNT CARD... come on.. you guys.. yes I am going to lie about this...
I almost felt like lying like "yeah I just moved here from Utah.. there are no Wegmans there"...because APPARENTLY I AM THE ONLY PERSON IN FAIRFAX,VA with OUT a Wegmans card....So then I wrote out my check and it was a starter check.. but I thought whatever it is worth a try.. I mean all they can tell me is no right??
so they were like "oh no we can't take that check.. hold on.. " I said OK.. I had no idea what I was holding on for but I did.. so another young guy manager comes over and he says to me in a really calm condescending voice.. like I am causing a scene when in reality I have said NOTHING but a calm, quiet no.. when it comes to them asking me if I had a card.. and is like "I am sorry to tell you Ms. but we can't take your check because it does not have your name on it yet" I said "well that is fine" but why did you need to come out and tell me?" I did not ask for a manager.." and this lady could have told me"..why did I need two people to tell me"  So I said " you know what? I think I will just get my groceries elsewhere" and I had to reach over the counter and get my DL back.. and then I left..
I think I like my grocery stores a little more ghetto.. I mean Harris-Teeter I just filled out a sheet and got a card.. Safeway.. I just filled out a sheet and they sent it off to somewhere and I finally got a card.. Giant.. I just put in my phone number and even though I don't have a card there.. THEY STILL GIVE ME THE DISCOUNT.. now that is what I am talking about...
I am just grocery shopping I am not trying to join at COUNTRY CLUB!!!!!

No comments: