Tuesday, February 21, 2012

field trip

Sometimes I think that I need to start a blog called "people I meet on the metro" cause WOW .. I meet some interesting people.. not so much when I have kids..When I have the kids I seem to meet three kinds of people:
1. people that are super annoyed that I have brought a STROLLER ON THE METRO AT RUSH HOUR...( how dare I?)
2. people that want to tell me how cute "my" child/children are, or how well behaved they are..:)
3. people that want to tell me that their children are MUCH MORE ADVANCED than "MY" CHILDREN.. I had two people one day telling me that Julian was not advanced enough when he was not talking more WHEN HE WAS NOT EVEN ONE.. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?.. like um.. OK thanks for sharing..
but when I dont have kids wih me.. all the interesting talk to me..
When I was in Chicago with Kevin coming home from the Lincoln Park area in September 2011.. the metro or WHATEVER it is there.. did not disappoint.
Kevin and I could not even sit down there were SO MANY PEOPLE..  for a long time we were standing next to a black guy with long braids and a baseball cap,  that was selling some of the tackiest jewelry EVER .. like these HUGE CRUCIFIXES and MARIJUANA LEAVES and other large,tacky jewelry.. I asked him who he sold that stuff to.. and if he made much $$ ,this guy had them all around his neck, arms, and had extras with him too...I thought who would EVER BUY SOMETHING THAT TACKY like um.. EVER.. my question was answered a couple of stops later when a guy got on and asked him if he could BUY ONE.. I am not even kidding someone wanted something THAT TACKY.. like to wear in public.. wow.. but that guy did not want to pay what the other  guy was asking.. and he said things like "help a brother out" or something along the lines of " since they are both black and men.. he should cut him a deal" seems reasonable... I should cut every white single LDS woman I know a deal with whatever I am selling..the salesman said no.. no and NO...Kevin said he enjoyed watching that because he felt like he was "back in Egypt"
also the guy asked if Kevin and I were together.. we said no we had just met...hahahahahha and that Kevin was not "really with me.." then I was like " hey can I go home with you?" and Kevin was like "well sure" and that guy said if Kevin did not want me that " he would take me" repeatedly.. cause this guy thought I was attractive..

see I got options.. hahahahah
this guy also said that "he knew Kevin drank because he had a beard".. I love when I meet smart people..


after that train we got on the real train and tried to tell some lady we were mother and son.. and she was like OK.. like basically like OK I am just trying to get home from work in peace.. like come on lady you are no fun..
but you know what IS fun riding the metro with me.. I am always having some adventure :)

No comments: