Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Amazing Friends

I have very amazing friends. When I came home from Chicago.. I realized..something I have been in denial about for a long, long time.. my hair was looking SO DEAD.I don't know the right word for it..but it just looked bad.. it was really long..but a few INCHES at the bottom were just dead and ugly..
I was also broke.. it costs a LOT of money to get your hair done RIGHT in VA..So I called my friend Amy.. I know that she is smart and had done some stuff to her daughter Jenna's hair and to her own hair. She drove up to Gainesville, where I was watching Chris and Tessa and we cut my hair DRY with a pair of scissors.. I am not kidding we were that ghetto.. and we had some extra pieces ..so we just kept cutting them off until it was all the same length..then we dyed it a little bit blonder..
...........and it came out a little.."brassy"..so I wore a cute hat for a couple of days..
..the crazy thing about all of this is that ONLY my boss Julia noticed and commented on my hair.. she was like that looks so cute! :) other people noticed a couple of MONTHS later because I wear my hair up so often or wear hats so often.. the brassiness faded and I felt so much better about myself with all that dead hair gone.. !!! it is amazing what a haircut can do for a woman's soul.. and a HUGE THANK YOU TO MY FRIEND AMY for driving to Gainesville and dying and cutting my hair :) you rock!!!

No comments: