Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Keli mails

I love to mail things and I am always looking for new ideas of things to mail. I came across the idea of "wooden postcards" on the internet and decided to give those a try.

I went to Lowes in Chantilly, VA and got a piece of wood into post card size pieces. 

Then the next day I sanded all the pieces so that they were smooth and I cut some designs out of some fabric that I had from another project that I did years ago.. 

Then I modpodged the designs on..

on the other side I wrote their name and address and a small message with a sharpie. 

to the adults I sent them to I wrote something like " I hope that you had a happy day" to the kids I wrote "write back and tell me something that makes you happy"

They came out SO CUTE!!!! the only thing that was not cool was that .. that I had to put six stamps on them.. but I always get cute stamps so that worked out well too... 

I put them all out at the post office and took a picture of them...

how cute are they!!!?? lots of people at the Post Office remarked over them and said they were so cute! one lady even asked me how to make them.

I bet my friends enjoyed getting them as much as I enjoyed making them.

No comments: