Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Keli works

As I have said, I love to do themes with kids.. While I was with Xander and Seban in September 2013, we had a basketball week. 

I went to my brother's job at Sports Authority and looked at basketballs I never realized that there were so many choices of basketballs out there.. My brother wanted me to buy this one that was like $75 dollors... I was like "um no" He said "well it is the best one, it is the one that I have.." I said " well all that is good.. but I just don't think that now is the time in my life for that expensive of a basketball.. I really don't " 

So I bought this cool pink one.. that is a "ladies basketball" I had no idea that basketballs even came in SIZES...

and I bought the boys a little one that was super cool and bounced very high..

so as you can see I am perfectly qualified to have a basketball week..

I checked out basketball books from the library.. I attempted to teach them horse which I realized is a bit hard when none of us including myself, can really make a basket.. OK I made a couple and one of the boys and one of their friends also made a basket..


So instead I focused on dribbling and teaching them how to do that.. and passing and running with the basketball while dribbling and doing fun things like dribbling behind our backs and under our legs..

the weather was great and there was a basketball court that we could walk to from their house. 

So I think that week came out a success here are some pictures...

 Seban and Xander practicing dribbling 

 Xander getting ready to throw me the ball..

 one of the other nannys took this picture.. here are Seban and I and their friend Ryan playing basketball.

 Xander dribbling under his leg..

 Xander, me, Seban :)

 plus I made a collage.. of course..







No comments: