Saturday, February 8, 2014

Keli teaches

Shoe tying seems to be a dying art..I have no idea why??

When I was a kid you were considered a total looser if you did not know how to tie your own freaking shoes.. and the teacher would go off on you and tell you that "your parents better teach you" because it was not there job to tie your shoes" and if that kept you from being able to line up with all the other kids because your shoes were not tied... WELL TOO FREAKING BAD....

thanks RUDE TEACHERS OF THE EIGHTIES for adding to my already FRAGILE SELF-ESTEEM.... if a kid that is in first or second grade does not know how to tie their shoes.. it is a sign of a bigger issue.. 

but not anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great news you can practically make it to middle school or so with out learning how to tie your own freaking shoes....

RIDICULOUS... 

FOR REAL

like kids need to learn how to tie thier shoes... like when they are four or five ...you may say right now..."oh you don't know Keli!" you are not a MOM"


well I work with kids forty or more hours a week and have for several years so I think that gives me enough cred to say this...

yes kids need to learn to tie their shoes..

because when you become an adult velcro shoes do not look cool... unless you live at an assisted living house...

so I decided to put to actually teach a kid to tie his shoes.. in September 2013. I taught Bryce who was five and in kindergarten to tie his shoes.

We picked a shoe of his dads because it was bigger...

it was not easy.. and it took a little bit of time.. but we stuck with it and .... he got it!!!!!!!!! yay Bryce!!!!! 

and yes the TV is on in the background ...don't judge....hahahahahah

I know... I know I should have made sure that Xander and Seban knew how to tie their's too .. but I was busy!!! ( and  I think they already knew!)

now I watch two kids who are big enough (Vivian and Chloe) at the preschool I work at ...

maybe I will teach them too! 

I consider teaching a kid to tie his shoes one of my many accomplisments in life...


No comments: