Friday, February 21, 2014

Keli travels

I have always wanted to go to a " ren fest" .. but I have never had anyone to go with that would actually dress up and well you can't go unless you dress up right? 

In September 2013 I took my friend Jenae's daughter Dakota. We dressed up as Ladies.
Dakota and I, posing in her back yard before leaving.

Dakota's face in this.. awesome..

So if you go to the Renaissance Festival.. something you really need to bring is your wallet.. because you will need to pay for admission and then you have to pay to eat..

and lots of places only take CASH and to say the line is LONG for the ATM that they have there is an UNDERSTATEMENT..if they DO take cards they will have a sign out that says they accept Master Card and Lady Visa.. :)

So we drove there and waited in a line of traffic to get in for an hour.. we parked WAY out in the parking lot in a field.. Here are some of the adventures that we had there..
We rode an elephant.. this was a CRAZY expense.. we paid per person to ride the elephant thenwe had to ride with other people.. and I asked the worker to take pictures with my camer and I got this one...

and this one
 THANKS DUDE for taking a picture of my back and this elephant's butt.. I appreciate it..

 They had these amazing hammocks for sale.. I wish I had extra money for these.. but I did not but I WANT ONE!

 Dakota posing by a knight in shining armor.

 I bought us each swords.. and then paid extra to get our names written on them with a sharpie..but you have to admit.. they name thing is really cute!!!!

 maybe this year I can get us sheilds.


 We went gem mining.. Dakota REALLY wanted to do this and it was fun when I did it with Michelle. This time it was a little different.. They gave us a bag of sand and we did the same as we did in Luray but we only got a few big things.. none as big as what Michelle got in Luray though..and no little chips.
 Dakota really got into the gem mining..

 Dakota holdin her gems that she mined she thought it was really cool that only the guy that put them in the bag and her had ever touched them.


 all done with gem mining.. let's see what else we can do..

 We posed in this thing..
 posed by this..

 met this lovely couple that work at the VA Ren Fest..

 I WAS BEYOND EXCITED TO ME "the other Bolyn Girl" Mary Bolyn!!!!!! after reading all those books by Phillipa Gregory that was SO COOL .. it was like meeting a character from a book!..

 We also met this character who told us that he is married to his first and only wife Queen Katharine of Aragon and would never marry anyone BUT her .. mmmmmhmmm....

 and we saw this guy... hahahahh if you don't know who that guy on this shirt is then maybe the best course would be to tread lightly...

I had to get that picture because the next night was the finale..
 When we got back to Dakota's house we had a sword fight..

and this picture is blurry but Bridger told me that the next time I go to a festabal he wants to go an dhe is gonna dress-up...

oh and I guess the whole time I was there Ralph was there..but he got a new job..
 Ralph is a Dragon Master now.. so good for him... 

I look forward to going this year! 



















No comments: