Saturday, April 7, 2012

random Keli


My aunt's have amazing yards... I am not joking.. not matter what season it is they have amazing yards. If I had amazing computer skills right now you would be looking at a picture of Julian in my aunt's backyard..but well.. you will have to go to FB for that. In October 2011 Julian and I went and visited my Aunt Debbie and my Uncle Gris in Vienna, VA their yard is BEYOND AMAZING...we did not need to go to DC that day that could have BEEN the field trip.. she has all sorts of fountains and things that you don't think COULD WORK in a yard but do.. it is like she sees something and puts it in her yard and the effect is magic.I took some cute pictures of Julian in her backyard and should go back sometimes and take more..
going to my Aunt's houses then coming back to mine makes me think that Brad and I need/should do a LOT and I mean a LOT of landscaping here.. I don't know if the green thumb has extended over to the Wright family.. I mean lets be honest I would forget to water my lawn and when I did I would forget to move my sprinklers in Utah.. at first when I thought about writing this blog post I thought OK I can name  something I am NOT TALENTED in..yard work/landscaping...in Utah I hired these little boys to come and mow my yard.. that is my idea of yard work.. hiring some little boys and giving them a sense of worth.. I thought seriously I am NEVER going to have a nice looking yard unless:
1. I marry someone that is WAY good at that.. and likes doing it

2. I hire someone
but that puts me in a bit of a quandary because I want that nice looking yard.. and for people to say WOW.. and believe me I would love, LOVE, LOVE.. to have a garden.. I just don't know if I am ready for all the commitment that goes into making that happen...because it would have to be a step above for me.. because if I do it .. I am going to do it right.. no pesticides or anything harmful and all local plants nothing invasive of course.. and of course my garden would be ORGANIC..
so who knows what the future brings maybe one day I will figure out how to make a haven at my house.. AND how to use the computer.. and you will be reading a very different blog post...

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah, it is a lot more fun to imagine a garden than actually make one. Turns out I hate weeding. That's why we just grow herbs in containers...

Unknown said...

well you are farther along than I am :)