Monday, April 23, 2012

field trip

Recently my bishop's daughter got married in the Bountiful, Utah LDS temple. They had a reception in the Empire Room of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. They also had a reception here in the Fair Oaks Marriott in Fairfax,VA.
 My bishop's wife invited the whole ward.. and then some...My friend Beth and I went and we are both so glad that we did.
When we walked in there was Bishop and SIster Forsyth, I think that the colors for the wedding were gold and silver Bishop Forsyth had on a gold tie and Sister Forsyth had on a classy gold suit outfit. Stacy the bride was wearing a beautiful dress that had big flowers on it. She looked beautiful. the groom's family looked great too.

 The real reason though that I am writing this is the the food was AMAZING..first we walked over and their were three of those glass drink dispensers that are so popular now with different fruity soda's and not sugar fruity but GOOD fruity.. their were glasses that we could drink out of.. I must have had twelve drinks.. or more..

Then you walked over to a table and that had Cesar salad on it, well lettuce and all sorts of different things that you could put  on it. croutons, artichokes, peppers, Parmesan cheese, hearts of palm, ( I had not had hearts of palm since Qwest would throw those catered lunches)  They also had anchovies so Beth and I decided to try one each since we never had before..I don't recommend it. YUCK..

They also had breadsticks that look like ones you would get at a restaurant

Then we were done with our salad we had pasta they had two men one a black gentlemen from the KY and another guy with braces from the Philippines serving the pasta... the guy from KY gave you more. You went over to them and they had a little gas stove and you picked your protein
mushrooms, chicken or shrimp.. or all of them
then you picked your kind of pasta
corkscrew
cheese filled ravioli
or
tortellini
then you could pick your sauce
marinara, creamy pesto or Alfredo..
I got the tortellini with one cheese filled ravioli and mushrooms and shrimp and the basil pesto

THEN you went to one of two carving stations you could get prime rib or ham.. Beth and I got some prime rib..

there was also a table with cheese and fruit and crackers and other stuff like that.. Beth and I never even MADE it to that table..

There was also an ice cream table with two people serving you vanilla or chocolate and there were different toppings and hot fudge and caramel..by the time I got to that table I had ate SO MUCH that I seriously SERIOUSLY thought omgosh I am going to throw up..I am seriously going to throw up.. but I did not.. I somehow managed to eat some ice cream too somehow..

there was a dance floor and a dj and everyone that was there seemed to be having such a good time and was so happy


We got there at 7 and then all of a sudden it was after NINE.. Beth said so..basically we have been eating for two hours..

This Bishop came by at one point and asked if we had, had enough to eat.. that was an understatement

We went back to my house and took Spike for a walk...


No comments: