Thursday, April 26, 2012

field trip

In October 2011, I took Julian to a park in DC that is so RANDOM/ECLECTIC whatever you want to call it..The real name of the park is even up for debate it is called Meridian Park OR Malcolm X park it is is managed by the Rock Creek Park system..
Julian and I took the metro and when we got off we ate pizza at some place that said they had the " best pizza " in DC.. It was good actually. Then we started walking over to the park.. I kept asking people where it was and NOBODY knew.. I had to look it up on my GPS. I am also not sure if we were in the best neighborhood there were a lot of people just lounging around not doing much that looked questionable but I just kept walking I mean what else could I do really..
When we got the park though it was so worth it.. that park was BEAUTIFUL!!!!
There were a lot of random statues of everyone from Dante to President Buchanan and I put Julian's stroller by them and took pictures of him. Julian LOVES fountains so we stopped by the fountains and looked at those for awhile.
They had the most BEAUTIFUL fountains there...
it was also a nice day, in the weather department.
On the way back to the metro I bought some mango's in a plastic bag from a lady she put lemon juice and hot sauce on them and I felt like I was back on my mission :)
the pictures will be up on FB so please check them out there!

No comments: