Sunday, April 1, 2012

field trip

On Friday I visited Ticonderoga Farms in VA .. I think it was in South Riding, VA..the address said Chantilly but I feel like it was more in South Riding. We drove through Fairfax, Prince William and Loudoun County to get there.. and it only took a half hour to get there.
I went there with my friend Catherine and her son Adam age 3. I had Julian age 16 months and Andrew age 4 also came with Catherine.
We pulled up and paid it was
$7.50 for adults and they charged us half of that for the kids.
Here are some of the fun things that we did there.
* they had those fun slides that they have at pumpkin patches and such that are made out of that white stuff that you put in showers. They went so fast..I caught air on some...they had slides for every slider.. some had black tunnels that were bumpy, some were high some low.. Catherine and I put Julian on one and he slid down all by himself.. he turned all the way around on it.. but he was smiling the whole time.
Andrew, myself and Julian on my lap went down every single slide....at first Andrew was like " I don't want to go in that one" ( one of the ones with the tunnel) I said just try it come with me...so he did and he LOVED IT!!!! I felt like Andrew could have stayed there all day...
but I was worn out from running up and down that hill with a 16 month old in my arms...
* they also had some concrete tubes that you can climb in.. Adam loved those, so did Andrew..but Julian was scared of them...:)
* they had a fire pit..and a fire going ... apparently they have that every day and some sticks where you can roast whatever you want and some wood that you can feel free to throw on the fire. There were some nice people that let us roast marshmallows.. we had a lot of fun doing that.
* we saw chickens and sheep and goats and roosters and peacocks. Julian spent a lot of time chasing around chickens...he really, REALLY thought he was going to catch one.
* Julian and I went across a swinging bridge..Andrew was going to come but I said this is crocodile lake and Andrew said no way! My mom said crocodiles snap at and eat people!!!
* they also sell organic honey that is made right there..organic figs ( in season later summer ) that they grow there.. and bamboo that they also grow there for decorative or whatever purposes.
We had a great day.. I recommend it and think it was worth the money :)

No comments: