Wednesday, April 18, 2012

field trip

When I was in Chicago in September 2011. I went to Dunlays on the Square in the Logan Square area of Chicago http://www.dunlaysonthesquare.com/
Kevin and I rode on buses and metros for a long time to get there.. and left a cool jazz festival to go.
So was it worth it....YES!!!!
We went there on the suggestion of Julian's grandma, Jennifer.
Kevin and I each ordered an entrees and here is what else we got
1. we got the most AMAZING DRINKS ...ever.. that were recommended to us by the waitress they were these orange cream sodas that tasted like orange creamsicles and they were SO GOOD.. I saved my bottle.. here is a link http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/index.php seriously if you ever have the opportunity to try one of these soda's don't hesitate just do..
for an appetizer they served us some divine cornbread in a cast iron pan...again..it melted in my mouth and was beyond good.. there is NOTHING like good cornbread..
Kevin got Amish fried chicken..we are still not sure what fried chicken has to do with the Amish OR Chicago..but it was also DELICIOUS!!
I got some macaroni and cheese cooked again in a cast iron skillet... BEYOND GOOD!!!!
Then for dessert they gave us a chocolate chip cookie cooked in a cast iron skillet with ice cream on it...wow...YUM...
We also loved the ambiance of the restaurant it was fun.
interesting trivia.. on the boy's bathroom was a picture of Jimi Hendrix on the girl's bathroom was a picture of  a woman.. I was like who is that??? I found out it was the owners niece..random..
then the check came and it was ALL FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not even kidding you..because Julian's uncle is the head chef there..and Julian's grandma said he would "take care of us" I had no idea what that meant and thought we might get a free appetizer or not have to wait ..we had NO IDEA we would get EVERYTHING FREE!!!!
...................Kevin and I felt very, VERY blessed..that night...
.............in case you did not get the hint I think you should go to this place..

No comments: