Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Keli Travels

 I  love roadside attractions so imagine my surprise when Michelle and I were planning an outing and found out that one of the most amazing roadside attractions in the USA (IMO)
was a short detour away from our destination..

It is called Farnham's Colossi... in Unger, WV. I guess this couple have decided to collect all sorts of old roadside attractions and then just PUT THEM IN THEIR YARD....

um wow... that is cool and good for them living way out there where people can not complain...

The internet said that they did not mind if people roamed around their yard, they did not seem to be home when we went too bad because I would have loved to basically interview them.. here are some of the MANY pictures I took that day..

 SANTA!!!!!!!!! a huge Santa!!! this was in October 2013.. so I guess he is there to greet people year round! 

 Boo Boo, bear, that Ranger, whatever his name was and Cindy Lou Bear.. Where is Yogi was he not for sale? 

 random-pterodactyls 

shed that they decided to paint this BEAUTIFUL shade or purple.. LOVE! and signs all over it..

tons of random things just laying in the shed..

 more randomness...all of this just laying in the shed.. should I have drug that Mr. Peanut out and displayed him somewhere??

OMGOSH LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW COOL IS THIS!!!!????

 man in a bathing suit drinking a soda...

 woman in a bikini... she has a name ..but I forgot it.

 Midas Man holding a muffler.

 I THINK I SAW THIS SIGN RECENTLY ON THE WALKING DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean not THIS sign.. but well a sign like this..


 random signs I should have hung up for him...

 guy bringing in the groceries for you..

 my foot with the statue's foot.

 
 two views of the same statue.

 back view of all the peeps..

 pile of flamigos .. on a cool stone table .. that Michelle and I should have displayed.. 

 I wonder if I could throw a flamingo up there for this man to hold.. how cool would that be?

 Bruce the shark from Finding Nemo.

 Bruce will not eat this bird because  he is a vegetarian...

 I bet once upon a time these crabs were in some MD town..

 to bad my friend Beth's son Chris was not there.. he could have posed with this..

 or maybe this one.. this one is pretty cool too..

 I think that guy stole these from Winchester, VA.. there was another one too..

 another random shark..

 seahorses..

 gnome colony...

 hippopotamus head..

 the door to the house..

I WORKED AT A DAY CARE IN UTAH THAT HAD ONE OF THESE CLOWN TRASH CANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how crazy it that??

 row of marble statues..

 another row of marble statues.. this one is being invaded by a dinosaur.

 mermaid that has been turned to stone.

 oh no.. now Spike has been turned to stone..

 Bluto from Popeye on a rollar coaster.

 THE SIMPSONS ON A ROLLARCOASTER............................! 

 instagrammed picture of the same thing .. sorry I had too..

 another view! 

 another line of marble statues.. plus a view of the house across the street.. other wise known as the person that is lucky enough to live across the street and have a view of this..

 uh oh doesn't that one guy look a bit guilty.. I mean the other one is missing a HEAD..


 another view of marble statues.

 not sure who this is but he reminds me of Bob's Big Boy which is sadly not in VA anymore..RIP the one in Vienna we went there on Cedar Lane field trips all the time.

 I  wish they would put up one of these in my neck of the woods.. lions are always crossing where it is NOT a lion xing..

 HEY I HAVE NOT BEEN BOWLING SINCE SEPT.. 2013.. I should go sometime..

 I LOVED MCDONALD's PLAYLAND!!!! and all their characters! anything to get kids to eat MCDONALDS!!!!


 another box of flamigos...that I should have displayed..

 not only will I not enter there I don't think I CAN...

 I hope that I can visit again! 




















































No comments: