Monday, March 3, 2014

Keli Travels and Eats

One rainy day in October 2013, my friend Heather and I decided to take her daughter Katharine and Xander and Seban to The Torpedo Factory in Old Town Alexandria. 

It was raining very hard that day. When we walked over to meet them, there were puddles that had became little creeks in certain places. 

We walked over and took the King Street Trolley down to the waterfront and then explored The Torpedo Factory. 
after that we walked in the POURING rain over to Ben and Jerry's and had ice cream.

Which led Xander and Seban to believe that every time they went somewhere with me that we went and got ice cream.


 waiting for the free King St. trolley .. check it out.. I got Katharine in mid-jump over that puddle!

 Seban, Xander and Katharine posing 

 Xander and Seban

 instagram picture of the same one above.. can not decide which I like better so I put both.

 Seban by this cool sculputre of a camal.

 Xander posing with the camel.


Xander, Katharine and Seban posing by another sculpture.

 love this picture of Katharine and Heather because look at the way she is looking at her mom...awwwwwwww!

 me and Katharine.. love this panda and I must pose by it every time I go to The Torpedo Factory.

 Here are the kids at The Ben and Jerry's the Ben and Jerry's in Old Town Alexandria is SO COOL!!!!! they have this cow kids can sit on.. plus a white board that is shaped like a cow that kids can write on.. plus some of the tables are chalkboard adn they supply chalk for the kids to write with .. 

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE! 

so that was our afternoon in rainy Old Town Alexandria October 2013.. and I just want to toot my own horn and say PROPS TO HEATHER AND I FOR TAKING THE KIDS OUT .. even though it was raining!!!! 














3 comments:

Erin said...

Taking the kids on a big outing in the rain makes me feel like a superhero, too. And I love the Torpedo Factory, though I'm going to wait until Elliot is a little older before attempting it with them.

hs said...

That was such a fun day, even if it was raining!

Unknown said...

thanks guys! I am so happy I have friends that live on "the wild side" like me!