Sunday, June 22, 2014

Keli bakes

I think that we all have dreams that are well wild. Some people's dreams may be a lot more wilder than mine. One of my dreams is to be a LOT and I mean a lot more self-sufficient. That means I would have to be a LOT and I mean a LOT less lazy. I was looking on a homesteading blog and it gave a list of skills that you should have one of them was being able to bake an apple pie from scratch. I have made a pie crust before. I have made an apple pie before. I had never done both. I decided to do that for the church potluck in February 2014. 

My crust was delicious. The day before I had went to Michaels and I had gotten little cookie cutters and cut out shapes to put on my crust. 
 I did hearts. How cute are they? I also had a lot of crust left over so I just put it all on. Don't judge. 
My apple pie was a salted caramel apple pie. I got the recipe off this blog http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/07/04/salted-caramel-apple-pie/ I did not make her crust though. I made one of the homesteading site. 
I also decided to do my make-up and dress nice and do my hair that day. I need to realize that every goal I have can not be completed in one day. These things need time or I need to get up a lot earlier. I was an HOUR late to church. I am not even kidding you. I later told Ralph I was an hour late to church.He said why were you an hour late. I said well I made that pie. I mean I cut up three different kinds of apples. I MADE the caramel. I made the crust. AND I did my hair and make up and dressed cute. Yes I was an hour late.
I got in my car to go to church the pie on the front seat and I turned the corner out of my street and the pie leaked took a turn and part of it leaked all over my passenger door. I went back to my mom's and put it in a cake carrier. WHICH I KNEW THAT I SHOULD HAVE GOT AT THE THRIFT STORE EVEN THOUGH SOME PEOPLE THOUGHT IT WAS A WASTE OF SPACE! 
My pie was a HIT at the potluck! I brought some to Ralph after he said it was really good.He said that he thought a lot of apple pies had to much juice but that this one was just right. I thought um.. that is because that juice is now all over my car door. 
 Me at the church with my apple pie. February 2014. 
Today is another potluck. I am just bringing juice! 


No comments: