Friday, June 13, 2014

Keli Celebrates Lunar New Year 2014 Year of The Horse

I work at a Korean pre-school. It is very part-time and it is in my neighborhood so that is convenient. The kids are so cute and so nice. I love going over there and seeing them. 

Last year we had a Relief Society thing about "Chinese New Year"  This year I learned that it is not just Chinese New Year. It is really "Lunar New Year" 2014 is the year of the horse. Basically it is big in most of Asia. 

The kids dressed up in Hanbok. ( Korean formal wear) and we did different traditional games and songs and ate certain food. I need/want to make this a tradition and do this every year. 

 Chloe in her hanbok 

 Jihun and Sejin in their hanbok. This is traditional game where you throw those things in the air a few times and see how many X's land a certain way. 

SO CUTE! 
I look forward to celebrating 2015, the year of the sheep/ram/goat whatever! 




No comments: