Thursday, June 12, 2014

Keli Eats

Recently my friend from HS, John Wu got in touch with me. He lives in Frederick County, Maryland but was going to be in town because he was dropping off his wife at Dulles Airport. 

He said he wanted to take me and our friend Beth out to dinner. Beth was not available to go. I wish she had gone, because the food was delicious. I did not have a phone at this time. John was kind enough to take all these pictures and send them to me. 

I found the restaurant Mokomandy online. it is Modern Korean and Cajun food, plus the name Mandy. They asked us if we had a reservation. We did not. I had no idea that restaurants in Sterling even needed reservations on a weeknight. We had to sit at the bar. I did not mind the food was delicious. It did not feel like we were in Sterling it felt like we were in DC or Old Town Alexandria or something.
 John was trying all these fancy beers. So I asked for a signature non-alcoholic drink. I got this. It was a fancy lemondade with flavored ice cubes. I loved it. It was really cool to watch the bartender make it. 

 These devilled eggs were delicious. 

 my first time trying Kobe beef! 

 my first time trying foie gras. You can also see John's beer in the back ground. 

 rabbit and venison sausage. My first time trying rabbit. in the background you can see our Wild Boar Kimchi something. My first time trying wild boar. 
John said that we are suppossed to pierce the egg and let the yolk mingle with the flavors. My first time trying that too. 

 dessert creme brulee with lavender whip cream

 this was on our whip cream.

They also had a hand washing machine there. It was so cool. John took a video hopefully he can get it on Facebook. 

Great food! Great experience. Time to go out again. This time I hope that I can meet his wife. 






  

 

No comments: