Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Keli eats

I was looking online for places to eat in Kilmarnock, VA and I came across Lee's. Of course Lee's!  How could I not remember Lee's. It has been there forever. Well for 75 years. On the internet, it said you have not been to Kilmarnock until you have been to Lee's I thought. I have never been there. My mom corrected me. I HAVE been to Lee's. I just do not remember it. 

Monica and I went there Saturday night. We got there around 6 PM and got the second to last table in the place. Lee's was PACKED. 

The prices are amazing. They said that a local man comes and delivers them seafood every morning that they are open. WHAT!? local seafood delivered by a man at the door. 

I got the soft shell crabs, I had tried them once in MD and thought they were just OK. Lee's frys their soft shell crabs. I am a fan now. They also had fried oysters, I had never tried an oyster. They let me have one for free. I think that I will get them next year.

The vegetables were for sure from a can, but you can not beat the local atmosphere or local seafood that has been delivered to the door that morning. 

I am for sure going to make Lee's a yearly tradition and look forward to going back in 2015 and getting fried oysters! 
 Outside of Lee's restaurant, Kilmarnock, VA August 2014.

 Lee's menu.

We tried to go back Sunday and Monday but they were closed both days. Monica was sad that it was closed on Monday. She said, I would rather go to some rinky-dink place than McDonalds. for breakfast. Hopefully we can find one next year. 

No comments: