Monday, September 1, 2014

Keli Travels

 The I love going to my family reunion in Lancaster County, Virginia, for the second year in a row I have been going to some historic sites along the way. 

This year my friend Monica went with me and we decided to vist Historic Christ Church in Irvington, Virginia. 

The church closes at four, Monica and I got there at 4:19. We were nineteen minutes late. It was a beautiful area and There was visitors center and a whole complex built up .

We decided to walk around and take pictures.




 While doing this we saw a man walking around the grounds. I thought that maybe he worked there and just had not left yet and could maybe give us a tour... even though we were late and it was a holiday weekend, I am sure he wanted to, well I was right. 

We went over to this man, an older gentleman wearing a denim shirt it had embroidered on the shirt Geomentry in motion and his name. and Christ Church.

He said that he would give us a tour, even though he did not work there.

He led us over to his brand-new Corvette that only had 500 miles on it and showed us books that he had written. He also started in a rapid fire way asking Monica and I about historical figures we had never heard of and mathematical equations we could not answer. He just kept going.

He then showed us a video about how every Easter the sun comes through the window at Christ Church and how it moves to right over the puplit. Christ Church was built around the sun. It is an ancient calendar. It is Virginia's Stone Henge.

He also showed us how on cross-quarter days. The sun comes in and shines right on the tomb of some guy. I think he meant to tell us who that guy is, or maybe I need to buy his $78 book to find out. Also when the sun comes in on certain days it, comes in at certain places and  you can tell the date and time from the sun of every day. 

Every single thing on Christ Church has a meaning. I asked him if he was a Mason. He said yes, I thought so I was beginning to feel like I was in a Dan Brown novel. He told us the significance of everything, everywhere that is there. 

He then took some pictures of Monica and I. 
 The door, 13 things on each side. That is an important number.  He also showed us how they messed up that lock on the door by putting it on upside down and showed us how it has a Masonic compass on it. We could look through it and see inside.

 also just because I had to, see that paper in my hand that is a write up he gave me about himself to show to all my friends and family.

 us again.. also notice that he put us equal distance apart. 

While he was taking these pictures I  asked how often that he came over there. He said that he lives about 300 yards from there. ( good enough reason to drive his new Corvette) and that he had his parents buried there. He said that every sunny day he goes over there to see  the sun shining in.

I said Do you work here at all? He said no, that he was actually not allowed on the grounds, ( I guess after hours it is OK) and that they have asked him not to come back and not to talk to people. Because of that he had his parents buried there. He said that he is in a battle with them right now. 

They do not like the "tours" he gives. 

That night when I got back to the hotel, I googled hm and I found out a blog post that I basically could have written. It said they were in the area, got to Christ Church a little after 4 and he was there. He has upgraded now because back then he had a stack of books, he has now upgraded to a stack of papers, the books that he wrote,and a laptop. I wonder if I go next time he will be on an iPad. 

They said he had all sorts of historical and math things and they could barely keep up with him.

They did not say he had alchohol on his breath like he did for when we were there. They did say that he told them he has been kicked off the grounds and is banned from speaking with visitors. 

This blog post was written in 2007. This battle has been going on awhile. Another person commented and said the same thing happened to them in 2008. 

I think that those people were a bit skeptical. His speil was long and he was dedicated. One thing I do know for sure is you can not change he way the sun shines! So that can not be wrong.

 PS .. it comes through that circle window and if you want any more depth you need to go there, a little after four on days that it is sunny.









No comments: