Friday, May 9, 2014

Keli learns

In fall of 2013, my friend Monica and I signed up for a hip-hop dance class through Fairfax County Parks and Rec. 

IT.WAS.A.FIASCO.

The teacher Carla, who I do not care if she ever finds this and reads this was a train wreck I don't know how else to put it. 

1. she never had any hip-hop music. She was playing latin music. 

2. She was teaching us salsa moves. I signed up for hip-hop not salsa class.

3. She said she did not know what kind of music to play or how to find that music and if I wanted hip-hop music I could find it and bring it.

4. One time in class she told me we would not dance unless I found hip hop music so every three minutes I had to come up with another song. I was going crazy trying to think of a song to play every three minutes that was stressful.

5. I called and complained. She never had music. She was rude. She did not want Monica to chew gum. She ended early. 

6. She made us skip across the room for busy work. She also made us walk across the room like gangsta's it was very weird. We also had to gallop across the room.

7. My classmate called and complained on her own before knowing I did.

8. the rec center bought her CD's. she did not want to use the CD's because she said she did not like hip-hop music. um........

9. I called and complained again.

10. Carla said she was sick of our class and coming for it because it was so late so she was just going to cancel the last two classes and we could get credit. So she did. 

 

Monica, Carla, Me, Nithia 

We are missing Asjah. She thought there would be one more class.

I think it is a good thing I wrote this one six months late so it is not more of a long rant.




No comments: