Sunday, May 11, 2014

Keli Travels

The Day after   Thanksgiving I went to Ice at the Gaylord at The National Harbor. I had never been before and always wanted to go. 
A woman approached Danielle and Antoine and asked if they wanted to buy her tickets that she got free with her room. They were good for the weekend and they gave us a fast pass to the beginning of the line. Danielle, Antoine and I bought them. Linda and Dawn did not. 
They were worth buying. 
Linda and Dawn waited in a long, long, LONG line. Danielle, Antoine and I waited. 
We had dressed very warm and then they gave us large heavy blue coats to wear. 
We walked into a huge tent and it was only seven degrees in that tent. They had the story of The Night Before Christmas set up and it was ALL IN ICE! I did not take any pictures because I could not bare to take my hands out of my pockets. We went in different rooms and everything in each room, all ice. 
They had a room with slides. Danielle and I went down the slides. I thought they were going to be fast so I chose a shorter one. 
nope our body heat was warm so we stuck to the slide and could barely get down it. We had to push our way down. 
After the slides we went in a Christmas in New York room with different sights from New York all made in ice. 
There was even an ice taxi cab we could sit in. 
The last room was my favorite it was a Nativity on the loud speaker they were telling the story of the birth of Jesus on the loud speaker. As they told the different parts different parts of the nativity lit up. I definatly felt the spirit. 

 Here we all are: from L-R Antoine, Linda, Keli, Dawn and Danielle. We got one free picture with the wristband. 

The wristbands were good all weekend so I considered bringing Ralph, then I thought I would have to deal with all the drama of 
maybe he will answer the phone maybe he will not
or the ever present
" I need to study for the bar"
He had not came to Thanksgiving with me, but instead I went over to his house and brought him plates. He said "he wanted to be alone" and wanted "to study for the bar" 
at that point I still thought he would take it in February.

anyway I digress... so I did not even bother asking him. I mean He would probably have wanted to wear some Mongolian coat instead of the blue coat anyway.

Instead I asked Michelle. We went back the next day for free with the wristbands and the fast pass and did not wait in line and had a grand time. I went down the slide again.
 here I am pushing my way down

 five minutes later, still trying to make it to the bottom.

 yay! I made it!!!! 

In the Hotel, they had a light show that was free. Michelle and I along with lots of other people were excited to see it... and it only lasted five minutes so yeah did I mention it was free.

Plus they had photo-ops with characters you just had to stand in line
 Here I am with Puss In Boots.

 and here I am with Shrek.

It was a great couple of days! So happy I went I have wanted to go every holiday season it has came here and I am glad that I made it a priority in 2013 to go. 







 

No comments: