Saturday, December 6, 2014

Keli celebrates Christmas season 2014

In December The Washington DC temple for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints put on a "Festival of Lights" 

This year ( 2014) I was able to help my friend Jenna Day set up a reception for all the dignitaries, ambassadors and congresspeople, senators and such. 

I went on Monday and helped set up tables and put skirts on tables. I had never even heard of a table skirt. 

On Tuesday, I brought Jenna's daughters Eleanor age nine and Savannah age six.  My friend Bunny was there, her fiance was playing the drums for the accompaniment. 

We had a nice time walking around mingling with important people and the like. 

Here are some pictures I took, it was nice that it was not super crowded.
They had nativities from all over the world. I did not have a favorite per say, but this was Savannah's favorite. It is from Ireland.


All right.. I admit, I liked this one from Germany.

This was all I found from Mongolia, I looked for the ambassadors and could not find them. I dated someone that loves Mongolia and now I have special feelings for it too.

one of the trees close up

another tree close up

another tree close up. This one is from the Czech Republic and has lots of things from their history on it.

another tree close up.
  Two very nice evening's I am glad I was there to help.

No comments: