Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Keli exercises

Monica and I planned to run a 5K. We just kept putting it off. Monica then signed us up and paid for us to run a 5K in November 2014.  She said it was The Color Run. 
I was so not prepared. 
This was my first time doing anything like this. 
The energy there was incredible! There was bands playing and people of all sizes and ages. Some people only walked. Some people brought their kids in strollers. 
 As we ran there were people cheering us on all along the way. 
Here we are before. They gave us each these headbands, shirts and bags. They were like here, is a bag..you can throw it away.. or run with it .. we ran with ours.

SELFIE AFTERWARDS

Here we are again. As we ran we ran  through different color stations.There were people with condiment bottles and spray bottles and just piles of colors that threw sprayed, squirted color all over us.

I think because we are so short we got more color. There were tall people that were able to through it all over our heads and even somehow got it down my shirt. It tasted and smelled like some sort of chalky powder.

We went through different color stations. At the end, they gave us another packet that was different from any of the ones we went through. I guess this one was to say that we had finished.

The front of Monica when we finished.

Monica from the back.

Me from the front. It was interesting at the end to see how different we were and where the color had hit us differently.

Me from the back.

us at the end of the race.

We were so tired and out of it. We could not even find our car.. It took us a "minute"

another selfie
I was not able to finish. I just could not fun the whole thing. I don't know why I just could not. I hope to be able to next time. I had just not worked out enough.

Several of the LDS mid-singles ran a marathon that day and then were their medals to a Thanksgiving dinner that was that night. I told them I ran part of a 5K that day but could not finish it. They were like "oh one of those" .... and were very disdainful that I could not finish. One of my other "friends " said she was shocked that I could not finish it since anyone can finish a 5K. " ..............I don't see her out there even WALKING one.. ..Haters! all of them..

Now I need to find another 5K, and sign Monica up and not tell her! ( this time I will train first) 

No comments: