Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Keli collects


I was talking to a guy the other night and I was looking for a picture to send him. I could not find the picture. So instead I sent him a picture of Spike and my magnets. 

He said "why magnets?" I thought

um... WHY magnets?

OK so here is the truth, When I was nineteen someone that I was dating went to Disneyworld/land something. He brought me back a Scarlett O'Hara Magnet because I read Gone With The Wind to him on the school bus. I thought, I need a collection of something. I will collect magnets. 
21 years later. This is what I have going on. This in in July 2014 at my apartment that I had.




Spike felt a strong need to be in this picture and if you know Spike you know how amazing this picture is because he is sitting.

another view
Here are my rules. They have to say somewhere on them, like a place I have been or a place that someone else has been and brought back for me. At this point PLEASE do not bring me back a magnet unless I ask. I have so many doubles from places like London and China that several of my friends have been to.

I also put up all those free ones I get places and little word ones. At this time though I need to carefully consider every magnet I get. I have become an expert on magnet price and which magnets will hold up and which are junk. I also think I have every magnet memorized and who got it for me.  "oh that is when my friend Ryan went to the Hebrew University"  " oh my friend Cody brought me that back from a work trip"

So if you have ever brought me a magnet, no matter from where.. THANK YOU!

The man I was talking to last saw me in 1999. At that point my magnet collection was about seven years old. He said that he did not remember the magnets. I said I get them places I go and places my friends go.. I guess I had not been a lot of places then ( or had friends that went a lot of places) ...lets just say that people that come to my house now DO NOT FORGET MY MAGNET COLLECTION!

This is basically my prized possession.

No comments: