Monday, December 15, 2014

Keli Celebrates 4th of July 2014

It is now December, and I am just now writing about the 4th of July 2014. I had a GREAT and I mean a really GREAT day that day with my Wright family in Moorefield, West Virginia. 
My friend Margret came with me and we went to my cousin Mark's river lot. We had a great day canoeing, touring Moorefield, play croquet and eating great food. We also enjoyed the amazing fireworks show with about $1000 worth of fireworks put on by my cousin Dale. Here are some of the many, many pictures from that day. 
My cousin Mark with his potato gun.

Gayle learning how to make a basket.

Margret teaching Gayle how to make a basket.

selfie.. Gayle and I. We had a lot of adventures that day.

omgosh, This guy Noah found these at a yard sale. They became target practice later.

We played a great game of croquet. Here is my cousin Sherry.

Me, with Megan and Mckenna in the background.

me again.

Margret playing croquet.

Matthew playing croquet.

me, McKenna, Sherry, Megan and Johnny. My dad has a picture like this and we decided to recreate it.



Carter played croquet.

Megan showed off some of her moves.

croquet game in full swing.

Johnny and Matthew were pounding holes in the ground for other people's balls to get stuck in.

Johnny.

McKenna

CROQUET! me, Margret, Carter, Sherry, Matthew, Megan, other little boy, McKenna and Johnny.

Victoria and Brittany. They got these shirts at Old Navy. I need to go there next year, I need a fun shirt like that.

me with Mark's compound bow.

I seriously could not pull that string back.

SO.MUCH.GOOD.FOOD.THAT.DAY!!!!!

Brittany and me.

Brittany and me ...again..

Brittany and me.. AGAIN..

On our way to tour downtown Moorefield, Me, Matthew, Megan and Margret.

Mark and I went for a ride on this. It was SO FUN!

another view.. we went clear to Petersburg and back.


now we are getting into Margret's pictures.. here is one of the drive up there.

oh no.. this reminds me of my math class.. with all those grades and slopes.. blah..

River lot

cousins me, Matthew, McKenna, Megan and Johnny.

little tiny frogs that we found.

The kids skipping rocks. Megan, Matthew, McKenna, Johnny and other little boy.

me watching the kids skip rocks.

Matthew telling me a story. he said he loves to tell stories. I said it must run in the family.

now Johnny is telling me a story.

I am pondering life and stuff.

Moorefield TOUR!.. I was wearing the most UNFLATTERING OUTFIT THAT DAY!!!!

Matthew, Megan and I and this clock.


Margret and I.

hahahahah I am not wearing that bandanna again.

The church Dale and Theresa got married at and currently go to was on the tour.

This USED to be a candy shop... the kids had a hard time wrapping their heads around USED to.

Moorefield

Each of us took turns reading about different historic buildings in Moorefield

same

another view of that church.

I like how you see Matthew and Megan and the town of Moorefield.

Megan and I walking while Matthew tells us a story.

a  house on that tour.

Megan said that her dad did some of that "gingerbread work"on that house..!

Moorefield

Moorefield

we went in some country store that sold shoelaces like this.

bulbs like that..

Dude that worked at the store.

Moorefield

The kids bought candy and sodas at that store and said the other kids would be so jealous they bought that stuff and then debated if they should eat it and just bring back the wrappers ... or eat it in front of their other cousins.

Moorefield

Moorefield

Moorefield

MOOREFIELD SUPERSTARS!!!! MATTHEW AND MEGAN!!!!

the football player and the cheerleader.

Moorefield courthouse

back in the day, all courthouses in the south had to have the front facing the south. WV was in the south back then.

Moorefield

Moorefield

This is one of the oldest houses in Moorefield. It is from the Revolutionary war era. This man invited us in and showed us around. He was also nice enough to take a picture of us. me, Margret, Megan and Matthew.

outside of that house.

Moorefield

Moorefield

Matthew and Megan outside of their church.

We brought Mark back some corn.

Carter with his kayak

canoe ride

Canoe ride

Carter on the canoe and kayak ride.

me on the canoe ride

canoe ride

canoe ride

canoe ride

canoe ride

canoe ride

Carter on the canoe ride

canoe ride

Canoe ride.

Canoe ride

I had a really great day. I don't know if I could have asked for a better one. So grateful for family and all the fun we had that day!

No comments: