Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Keli cooks


OK even though it is almost 2013.. I am still new at this whole putting a picture on my blog thing... I will just blame it on the fact that my computer is so slow and outdated...that it makes learning anything on it very annying.. so anyway.. over the weekend, Corey age 11 and Ari age 8 and myself made this funfetti cakemix chex mix and I am going to tell you how and post a link so that you can see where I got the idea this stuff can be made so fast and is YUMMY
FUNFETTI CAKE MIX CHEX MIX


dump 5 cups of rice chex into a big bowl
melt some vanilla bark (which is all Harris Teeter in Ashburn had) in the microwave.. it melted just fine with no shortening.. I just followed the package directions it was that easy..
drizzle the bark over the cereal.. explain and then show what drizzle means if the kids do not understand that word...
gently mix with a large spoon.
dump 1 and a half cups of funfetti cake mix and a half cup of powdered sugar over the cereal and gently mix until all the cereal is covered with a large spoon..

there you go .. you are done!!!
this is so easy that when 13 year old Lena came home from a friends, 8 year old Ari was able to tell her how to do it and Lena made some for herself and her friends..

I got the idea off this blog.. http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/02/chex-funfetti-cake-batter-buddies.html
 

No comments: