Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Keli eats

Last night I went to Hops restaurant in Alexandria, VA. I had never been there and was a bit reluctant to try it because I thought that it's main focus was on beer... which I do not drink.. but.. I was delightfully wrong.
When you sat down at the table they gave us SIX of these croissant like scone type thins that were DELICIOUS.. and covered with some sort of creamy yummiess..and that is just for sitting down...

I ordered a raspberry lemonade.. which tasted like water with not a lot of flavoring in it.. more than lemonade..but then again their focus is beer.. so next time... I might just stick with water...

We ordered and got:

a wedge salad.. which I am really into right now..
you get a wedge of lettuce and that has diced tomatoes and bacon bits on it and bleu cheese crumbles and then that is saturated with bleu cheese dressing.. We shared the salad and it was GONE in a matter of minutes...

a side of mushrooms which I had to spit out because they were so gross!

and some pub chips with bleu cheese crumbles and some bleu cheese melted fondue on it.. they were like home made chips and they were SO GOOD!!!

our server George was super nice...

and now I am ready to go back and eat there some more. here is their website

http://www.hopsrestaurants.com/home/openmenu.asp

No comments: